5 Ways to Keep Carpets Clean
Keeping your carpets clean can be a challenging task, specifically for businesses with high foot traffic. Office Environments, serving the Chambersburg, PA area, provides some simple tips to help your carpets look better and last longer:
- Know your carpet. Different types of carpet require different care. Research the safest and most effective methods to cleaning your particular brand of carpet for the best results.
- Invest in appropriate carpet cleaning products. Based on your research, can you use a scotch guard to protect your carpet from stains? If so, apply and reapply as recommended. Also, keep carpet cleaning sprays and other stain removal products handy so you can respond to spills quickly.
- Treat spills and stains immediately. Blot (don’t rub) with a paper towel or clean rag to absorb the liquid before it dries. Next, press the spot gently with a warm, wet sponge. If a stain is still visible, use a carpet-safe cleaner according to the directions on the packaging.
- Vacuum regularly. Though this tip may sound obvious, vacuuming is one of the most important steps to carpet cleaning. Regular and thorough vacuuming will remove superficial dust and dirt, preventing it from sinking into the carpet.
- Call the professionals. Whether you have an impossible stain or just need to have them refreshed, have your carpets professionally cleaned every year. This will help remove much of the ground in dirt, as well as allergens that can get trapped in the fibers. High traffic carpets may need to be professionally cleaned more frequently.
While these tips do not guarantee that your carpet will be spotless, they can help extend its life. For professional floor care, contact Office Environments for a free quote or visit our online store for recommended carpet cleaning products. We provide a full array of commercial cleaning services in the Chambersburg, PA region and beyond.