5 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Workspace
With all the snow, ice, and general dreariness of winter, we thought it would be a nice escape to look ahead to warmer days. In our opinion, it’s never too early to start thinking about (or actually doing) some spring cleaning. Most people are more productive in a clean, organized workspace, but where do you begin? Here are some tips from the professionals at Office Environments to get you started on your spring cleaning adventure:
- Clean all surfaces. Use a microfiber cloth and disinfecting cleaner to wipe down all of your hard surfaces, including desks, chairs, tables, and shelves. Electronics are just as important. As we mentioned in our “Germ Free Workspace” blog, your phone, keyboard, and mouse are high germ zones. You should also clean off your printer, fax machine, computer screens, and other electronic surfaces with an appropriate cloth or cleaner.
- Declutter. Clean out your filing cabinet and get rid of old papers (and any other unnecessary items) that have been lying around your workspace. Be sure to shred paperwork containing confidential or sensitive information.
- Organize. Spring cleaning provides the perfect time to create a filing system that helps reduce workspace clutter. Choose a system that works for you, whether it’s paper trays, baskets, or another method that you’ll stick with.
- Tackle the junk drawer. OK, so you probably have more than one of these. Just take it one drawer at a time and toss or recycle anything you no longer need (how many dry ink pens does one person need?) Continue by organize the items you’re planning to keep.
- Virtual organization. Spring cleaning your workspace isn’t just about disinfecting and filing. Use this opportunity to organize your computer documents and emails so you can find needed files without a cluttered desktop or inbox.
Establishing and maintaining a clean and organized workspace can help boost efficiency and reduce stress. For regular office cleaning services, rely on the professionals at Office Environments. Get a quote or contact us to learn more about our commercial cleaning services.