5 Tips to Keep Your Workspace Germ Free
It seems as if everyone is sniffling and coughing around the office this time of year. We recently shared an infographic from the ISSA about “The Value of Clean,” which illustrated how sick employees can cost their employers money. The graphic also showed common workspace surfaces that harbor high levels of germs, which can easily spread to co-workers.
Here are some quick tips to keep your workspace clean and help prevent the spread of germs in the workplace:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water. A good rule of thumb is to wash for at least 20 seconds. To time yourself, sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Clean your workspace and its contents – keyboard, phone, computer mouse, etc. – daily using disinfecting or sanitizing wipes.
- Bring your own coffee mug or water bottle to the office. Be sure to take it home and wash/sanitize frequently.
- Create a “care kit” to keep at your workspace – include hand wipes or sanitizer, tissues, Vitamin C and throat lozenges.
- Stay home if you’re sick. Not only will the rest do your body good, your co-workers and customers will appreciate you keeping your germs to yourself.
To keep common areas clean and disinfected, Office Environments provides commercial cleaning services in the Frederick, MD and Chambersburg, PA region. Contact us for a no-obligation quote for cleaning services for your office or facility.